The only woman to lead the Black Panther movement, Elaine Brown, is seeking the Green Party nominee for president. Her platform is as follows:
- a complete and unconditional withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq and Afghanistan
- repeal of the “three-strikes” crime laws to end mass incarceration in the U.S.
- full and free health care for everyone
- free education for everyone
- free and low cost housing
- no borders
- endorsement of non-discrimination and the repeal of discriminatory laws
- fair tax system
- $25/hour minimum living wage
Having recently spoken with her, I can say that radical black women’s leadership is alive and well.
Her potential candidacy follows a commendable line of black female leaders whose run for the presidency, & women of color and white female leaders whose run for the vice presidency, have been eclipsed by dichotomous thinking in the current election. You can find out more by going to her website.
This is not a political endorsement.